Top 30 Politics Quotations
By: Danielle Hollister
- "It is the duty of every citizen according to his best capacities to give validity to his convictions in political affairs."
-- Albert Einstein
- "Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles."
-- Ambrose Bierce
- "Man is by nature a political animal."
- "I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians."
-- Charles De Gaulle
- "The mistake a lot of politicians make is in forgetting they've been appointed and thinking they've been anointed."
-- Claude D. Pepper
- "Politics is made up largely of irrelevancies."
-- Dalton Camp
- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."
-- Ernest Benn
- "Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important."
-- Eugene McCarthy
- "We would all like to vote for the best man but he is never a candidate."
-- Frank McKinney Hubbard
- "When the political columnists say 'Every thinking man' they mean themselves, and when candidates appeal to 'Every intelligent voter' they mean everybody who is going to vote for them."
-- Franklin P. Adams
- "Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs, and I've been to too many parties."
-- George Clooney
- "My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."
-- Harry S. Truman
- "Nothing is so admirable in politics as a short memory."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith
- "The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'."
-- Larry Hardiman
- "Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects."
-- Lester B. Pearson
- "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung
- "Nothing can so alienate a voter from the political system as backing a winning candidate."
-- Mark B. Cohen
- "You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think."
-- Milton Berle
- "Politics is the art of the possible."
-- Otto Von Bismarck
- "In politics, an absurdity is not a handicap."
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
- "Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them."
-- Paul Valery
- "Politicians are wonderful people as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, such as working for a living."
-- P. J. ORourke
- "In politics you must always keep running with the pack. The moment that you falter and they sense that you are injured, the rest will turn on you like wolves."
-- R. A. Butler
- "Politics is largely a matter of heart."
-- R. A. Butler
- "Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."
-- Ronald Reagan
- "Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Ronald Reagan
- "A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country."
-- Texas Guinan
- "The political machine triumphs because it is a united minority acting against a divided majority."
-- Will Durant
- "The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best."
-- Will Rogers
Resource Box - © Danielle Hollister (2004) is the Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8364.asp
Article Source: http://www.statssheet.com/articles/article44153.html